Services for Birth Parents and Relatives
Services DFW Adoption can provide for Birth Parents and Relatives whose adoption was arranged through this Agency are listed here. Some of our services incur a fee, dependant on circumstances and the particular service requested.
We can provide:
- A ‘listening ear’ to help you to talk about your experiences.
- The facility to leave a letter or letters for the adopted person safe on file – and to update that information as your feelings and circumstances change.
- Access to those parts of the adoption file that relate to your personally, together with a written summary of events that happened to you and to your child up to the time of placement.
- A written summary of the non-identifying information about the adoptive family including any information about the child’s progress received up to the granting of the adoption order.
- Referral to appropriate self-help groups, search and reunion website and other organisations providing intermediary support.
- Provision of a book list and/or extracted articles of interest.
We are registered to provide Intermediary Services. See our downloads page for further information.