Our Enhanced Services
- DFW Adoption offers a dedicated service involving direct work with the children of the prospective adopters, whether adopted or birth children. This service is called ‘Preparing the Child of the Family for Adoption’ (P.C.F.A.) and an individual adoption worker (separate to the assessing social worker) helps to support and prepare the child for the arrival of a new member of the family and beyond the placement.
- DFW Adoption Khandan Services. This is a partnership between DFW Adoption and BME social workers to benefit BME families who are wishing to adopt. The BME social workers are fluent in several languages and can work alongside the main assessing social worker to help address language and cultural issues and discrimination. This support can also enhance the matching process and support any issues into the placement and up to the making of the adoption order
- We have developed an Adoption Skills Course which is based on the work of Caroline Webster Stratton’s ‘Incredible Years’ and have 3 adoption social workers trained in Webster Stratton. The group currently consists of 12 weekly 2 and a half hour sessions involving all the participants in a group setting. The benefits of the course this parenting programme are unmistakable in helping parents make use of more effective strategies with their children and in promoting strong attachments and bonds in those relationships
- DFW Adoption runs a dedicated support and networking group for single adopters and meetings are bi-monthly and involve a range of activities or topics for discussion selected by the group members.
- We also provide specific support for LGBT adopters and are members of New Family Social, the UK charity for LGBT foster carers and adopters.
DFW Adoption has a strong commitment to the continuous improvement of our professional adoption services to benefit children and families.