Support For Adopted Adults
Services DFW Adoption can provide for Adopted Adults whose adoption was arranged through this agency:
We can provide:
- Initial counselling, on request, to talk about your adoption experience, and the issues it has raised for you over time.
- Schedule 2 counselling (under the 2002 Adoption and Children Act) for those placed through the Agency since 1940. We are able to give priority to those adopted prior to 1975. This is inclusive of the application for a birth certificate.
- A written report of all the information about your adoption available from the adoption file held by the agency (including copies of all relevant documents not restricted by rules of confidentiality).
- Personal access to the original adoption file, should you wish to see it (available only at our Agency office, for security reasons).
- Guidance and advice in tracing original family members through access to the public record system, including the availability of a workbook to enable you to conduct an initial search yourself.
- A search service of public information records. These include electoral rolls, (past and present) and the indexes of births, deaths and marriages. The agency has access to additional resources in London (subject to negotiation over cost).
- A partial search service is also available.